Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Visiting Jordy

I was six and a half years old when my baby brother, Jordan was born.


We grew up. Now he is a chef on Martha's Vineyard.


He's been on Martha's Vineyard for almost a year now. We miss him. My mom and I decided that we needed to go visit.







We explored the island a little on our own while Jordy was at work.






We visited him at work and he gave us a great tour of his kitchen.




We got to stay at his beautiful resort. He got us a two room suite.



Our suite was in this beautiful cottage.











He fixed us the most fabulous meal I've ever eaten.


Artichoke Barigoule - artichokes, carrots and onions, boneless chicken thigh, dehydrated orange slices...wow!

Parisienne Gnocchi on Spring Vegetables with shaved pecorino...wow!


He brought us two sandwiches that we shared. Rock Shrimp BLT on Brioche and Pastrami on Rye with homemade pickled cabbage...delicious!

Citrus Pannacota with white chocolate shavings and madeleines

Cream Puffs with vanilla ice cream and "Chef Jordan's Famous Butterscotch Sauce"...oh my goodness!


We ate at some other great restaurants and toured the island.



























We got up early our last day. We had to catch an early ferry, so we went out to watch the sunrise. Beautiful...








I'm so glad that we got to go see him. But now I miss him even more! He is such an awesome person. In fact, he's the coolest person I know. I admire him so much and I am so proud of him. He is the kind of person who goes out into the world to see what else is out there.
Love you Jordy!
P.S. My mom is going to blog about the trip too. Check out her blog here.

4 comments:

- Colleen - said...

I'm SO jealous that you got to visit Martha's Vineyard! I've wanted to go there for years. It looks as beautiful as it is in my imagination... Jordy got himself a pretty sweet gig.

Michele Lee said...

Looks like an amazing trip.....Glad you had such a great time...

Grace and Joy said...

What fun it must have been. So glad you were able to go. I love your green coat, by the way.

love,
Heather

mityscottfamily said...

Shannon,
I don't remember your brother very well...but how aesome was that trip?? I have never been back East and would love to someday. Great photos, great Brother, great Mom...you are very lucky. Which I'm sure you know that. I love reading your Mom's before trip check list story. And who just "whips up" aprons and blankets???
Love all the pictures too. Hope all is well.